A personal blog about anything to do with word of mouth marketing (WOMM/WOM), viral marketing, buzz marketing, contagion, consumer generated media (CGM) and such like. There may be off-topic posts from time to time. Enjoy! [ATOM FEED]

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Venture Chronicles: Using Social Media at SAP

Interesting commentary from SAP about blog analytics: -

Venture Chronicles: Using Social Media at SAP: "On the technology side there are a couple of things to report. The first is that blog analytics have a long way to go. These technologies are very good at giving your graphs and charts that track various aspects of conversations, but nothing that I have seen helps me understand who is in the community, who is influential, and how I reach them... in short, they aren't telling me what I don't know but want to know. Basically, I am focusing most of my energy on getting monitoring of blogs and forums in place, analytics I can do later. Speaking of analytics, a lot of the vendors I have seen want to give me an analyst function instead of automated analytics, in other words, somebody on the other end of the line is going to tell me what something means. I have 52 analysts in competitive intelligence, I surely don't need to pay a third party to provide me with an analysis of competitive news. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home