A personal blog about anything to do with word of mouth marketing (WOMM/WOM), viral marketing, buzz marketing, contagion, consumer generated media (CGM) and such like. There may be off-topic posts from time to time. Enjoy! [ATOM FEED]

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Starbucks: Using Confrontational Marketing to Build Brand Awareness in a Saturated Market

Starbucks: Using Confrontational Marketing to Build Brand Awareness in a Saturated Market: "Today as I was crossing the Embarcadero I noticed that this gentleman had left his coffee on the roof of his car. Midway through the cross walk I turned and pointed at him and he just waved at me. I ran back to the other side of the crosswalk and approached his window as he wasn't getting what I was pointing at. When I got close enough to speak to him I told him that his coffee was on his roof. He looked at me and said, 'I know, Happy Holiday's from Starbucks!' "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home