A personal blog about anything to do with word of mouth marketing (WOMM/WOM), viral marketing, buzz marketing, contagion, consumer generated media (CGM) and such like. There may be off-topic posts from time to time. Enjoy! [ATOM FEED]

Friday, October 07, 2005

how to meet the tipping-point people...

according to malcolm gladwell, in order for your message/brand/service, or whatever to reach tipping point, you have to be a connector, maven or salesman. this article gives some advice on how to target influential people in order to grow your visibility.

dr paul marsden cites some questions to ask in order to determine who are 'opinion leaders': -

1. My friends/neighbors consider me a good source of advice about [category]
2. I tend to talk a lot about [category] to friends/neighbors
3. In the last six months, I’ve talked to a lot of people about [category]
4. When asked for advice about [category], I offer a lot of information
5. When discussing [category] products, I usually convince them of my opinion

1 Comments:

Blogger Buzzoodle Ron said...

Thanks for pointing to us.

I am curious who you are. Are you planning to put up a profile?

12:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home